Mass Effect? More Like, Last Effect
March 9, 2012 § 2 Comments
What’s wrong with me? I’m a dedicated, dedicated gamer, or at least I like to think so. I mean, I still play PC games. PC! Surely that makes me either a dinosaur or a sommelierwhen it comes to video games, right?
In any case, I still haven’t picked up Mass Effect 3, which is apparently the Second (Third?) Coming of Christ in video game form. I’d chalk it up to the fact that, as I’m moving soon, I need to conserve my money, but as someone who just spent $40 on books I’m not currently reading…we know that to be a lie.
I kid, I love the universe. It has so much character.
In other news, I finally got Deathstalker.Here’s what happened:
- I had to order it from a bookstore downtown because that was the only place in Toronto that had a copy (or at least a new copy, and I don’t do used. Poor people might have touched a used copy ((again I kid. But not about the poor people)).
- I wanted it ordered to my store because it would be a sale for my store. More sales for my store mean not only that the free world stay free and bald eagles will softly sing the praises of free-market capitalism in my ear as I sleep, it also makes my store, and thereby me, more money.
- We arranged it to be shipped via UPS on Monday. Monday. Remember this. It is important.
- It arrived today at about 1 pm. Today. Today is not Tuesday. I’d say remember this, but you should bloody well know that.
- Clearly, someone sat on it downtown for three days because they knew it was a staff sale. In that case: up yours, downtown store. Up yours as far as it will go.
There’s no way I’ll be able to finish it before Sunday (hell, I’m not sure I’ll be done Metro 2033), but next week! Next week!
Oh, and tomorrow I’m going to have a thousand screaming kids playing in my store because a) we have an event and b) it’s March Break in Toronto. I might need to get drunk tomorrow, preferably at work. I’m flexible, so we’ll see. Perhaps the dumpsters behind the store might also be an acceptable place.