Little Things that Make the Day Go By
October 14, 2011 § 1 Comment
1. Watching some children perform an impromptu puppet show for their dad (who was a total hipster. Sorry dude, but no-one greases their hair that much un-ironically).
2. Having a cookie on your break. That is my number one rule of working retail (and no, I am not lying): always ensure access to cookies throughout the day.
3. Stopping to read Aldous Huxley’s children’s book, which is absolutely amazing.
4. Watching parents walk their kids over to the Thomas the Tank Engine table and just give up. You can feel the relief as the kids start playing with the trains and stop paying attention to the parents.
5. Watching a Spanish/Mexican mother un-ironically shout “Dios mio!” as she chased her child through the store. You can not get better than that.